This Man Knows Local Arts History
He wins VIP tickets to Folio Weekly's Oktoberfest
Congratulations to Arthur Moss for winning our drawing for two free VIP tickets to Folio Weekly’s Oktoberfest at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre Oct. 19. Moss was selected randomly from the readers who posted a perfect score in Folio Weekly’s Fall Arts Preview Quiz. Here are the answers to the quiz:
1. What year did The Beatles perform at the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville?
2. What was the first song Michael Jackson and his brothers performed on the first night (July 21, 1984) of the Victory Tour in Jacksonville?
b. “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’”
3. Who was the judge who warned Elvis Presley to tone down his act after his first show at The Florida Theatre in 1956?
a. Marion Gooding
4. Who painted the jaguar mural on the Bostwick Building in Downtown Jacksonville in 1995?
d. Jim Draper
5. What was the name of the Egyptian exhibit that came to the Prime Osborn Convention Center in 1986?
b. “Ramses II: The Pharaoh in His Time”
6. What are the six colorful statues outside Veterans Memorial Arena called?
d. “Talking Continents”
7. The Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville was founded in 1924 as what organization?
c. Jacksonville Fine Arts Society
8. What is the most performed show in the history of Alhambra Theatre & Dining?
b. “Christmas Carole”
9. What is the full name for CEAM, Flagler College’s museum?
d. Crisp-Ellert Art Museum
10. What was the first Broadway show Artist Series brought to Jacksonville?