Don't Give Dad Another Dud
LOCAL Father's Day gifts that he might actually want
"Business casual" has ruined Father's Day gift-giving for many lazy offspring who can no longer rely on the last-minute, go-to necktie. (Unfortunately, my brother and I didn't even have that option since our dad never wore a tie to work. Our fall-back gift was a Hickory Farms summer sausage gift box).
Dads also get gypped in the present department because their children probably spent their last penny/ounce of creativity on a Mother's Day gift. So this year, I've made a concerted effort to give Pops something: 1) he actually wants, 2) is available close to home and 3) won't raise his cholesterol.
Here are 30 of my picks in a variety of price ranges. And you're welcome.
10 under $50
2. Historic pub crawl in St. Augustine ($39)
3. Old City Helicopters tour of North Beach ($39)
4. "Adopted" animal at the Jacksonville Zoo ($35+)
5. The GodFATHER's Day Film and Feast at Sun-Ray Cinema ($30)
6. Old-fashioned neck shave at The Art of Shaving ($35+)
7. "High-speed expedition" on El Conquistador Speed Boat ($25+)
8. Beer & Baseball at European Street Beer Garden during Jacksonville Suns games June 22, July 13 and August 31 ($20)
9. Bottle of wine rated 90 points or better (by global wine experts) from W90+ ($8+)
10. And as a last resort, there's always Hickory Farms Summer Sausage trio ($23). Overnight delivery is available.